Tuesday, March 29, 2005

crillon le brave and purple potatoes

Painting of Crillon-le-Brave by Julian Merrow-Smith

Is it all too tempting? The Vegetables too delicious? The weather too balmy? Would you like to eat, cycle, drink and trek your way through this part of the Vaucluse, or simply lounge by a lavender scented pool?

Several people have asked about places to stay here: We know several people who have accommodation and we may even be able to get you preferential rates. Have a look at the links below which range from humble one-person gites to glam houses and hotels. If anything makes you gurgle with pleasure, get in touch with me:
Ruth Phillips
and I can check availability for you.

I will be adding to this set of links and will keep the post up permanently on the sidebar, but for now, here are a few appetizers:


If you want to spy on us, this is the modest-authentique gite of our neighbours, Nadine et Manuel. Manuel is a sculptor and has his own foundry on site. Nadine is a 'formidable' hostess and she cooks a mean foie gras. She also offers 'table d'hôte' (This means she has you and your friends round for an unforgettable meal in her home or garden.)
http://gitebedoin.free.fr/

A lovely house with two apartments and a pool in the medieval hilltop village of Crillon-le-Brave:
http://www.crillon-en-provence.com

Our friend Beverly is an interior designer and has a stunning house in Caromb with quite a few nice artworks (by you know who!) with a garden and a 'bassin'.



Our friends Sean and Lorraine run this lovely chambre d'hote with a pool. Lorraine also hosts cookery courses with Michelin-star chef, Frederic Robert of 'Au Fil du Temps' in Pernes les Fontaines.
http://www.cante-perdrix.com/

....and finally, if it's posh-authentique you're after, try the Relais-Chateau hotel at Crillon le Brave:
http://www.crillonlebrave.com/


meanwhile we are taking an Easter break with friends, flowers and purple potatoes

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarita said...

wow ruth! thanks for the info...as we live on an extremely low budget most of the time - we tend to go for the camping route but the places you listed look dreamy. I want a vacation! (Nadine and Manuel's prices are pretty incredible though...it is very tempting.)

Ciao!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... it does sound dreamy!

meanwhile here in Bangkok, the aircon is on full blast as I naughtily gulp down a midnight preview of my breakfast durian.. an appallingly smelly fruit, banned in most hotels in SE Asia, and memorably described by Anthony Burgess as like 'eating a delicious raspberry mousse in a particularly foul public convenience'. It is an acquired taste but, once acquired, it is unfortunately heavily addictive.

My love to you both, and your guests (who I believe are doing the whole global Phillips family trek this year);

keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Leo. xx

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fabby post, another great picture and Leo's quote from Anthony Burgess made me shriek.

2:59 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

I am sooo tempted! After my Paris trip I might have to start planning a south of France trip. It's so beautiful there. It is what everyone here in California is trying to copy I think!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh... I am tempted, too. I've never been to France. Brittany and Provence are high on my list, but it may be a while.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very quiet Ruth - all well?

12:04 AM  
Blogger ruth said...

see you all here very soon then! yes, morphess, i am fine and am taking an easter break.(with friends, flowers and purple pots...?) back later today with a big story......

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodie!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Ruth,
Thanks for the excellent info. I got the link to your site from Grannyp's blog. Husband and I are planning some sort of jaunt eastwards within the next six months and your links were just too serendipidous (sp?). You know what I mean, I'm sure. Many thanks.
Linda

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home