Saturday, October 15, 2005

dates for your diaries

cecilia;jpg

No this is not the portrait gone horribly wrong, but since so many of you ask ....

here are the dates where I will be playing in a town near you in 2005 (and yes they include London and Paris); :

MUSICIENS DU LOUVRE, MARK MINKOWSKI, MOZART SYMPHONIES 40,41 ( pre DG live recordings);

17 October - Toulouse
21.00 Odyssud Grande Salle Blagnac (near Toulouse)

18 October - Bordeaux
20.30 Le Pin Galant - Merignac (near Bordeaux)

19 October - La Rochelle
20.30 La Coursive, La Rochelle

21 October - Lyon
20.30 Opera de Lyon, Lyon

28 and 29 October - Grenoble
20.00 MC2 Grenoble

LE CONCERT D'ASTREE, EMANUELLE HAIM AND BARBARA BONNEY

December 8 - Lille
Opera, Lille

December 10 - London
Barbican, London

December 14 - Paris
TCE Paris

December 16- Metz
Arsenal, Metz

If you come, introduce yourselves and we can have a party to rival the Paris blogmeets!

Don't forget that if you can hear me I'm not all I crack myself up to be.

Also, on the latest Cecilia Bartoli album, 'Opera Prohibita', for which posters will be plastered all over your local fnac and Virgin stores and coming out ya itunes, I have to admit to being on one track!

16 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

coming out ya itunes

Cool!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ruth: 10th December is in my diary. All being well I plan to be there. Wonderful!

All the very best for your tour. May there be fun and fulfilment as well as hard work.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Thank you, I didn't know there was a new Bartoli, and now I have TWO reasons to find it.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

I hope to be there on 10 December, Ruth. And meet both you and Mary??? oh my goodness, that would be exciting and scary, but perhaps a bit less scary to meet more than one of you together, and in the context of a shared delight in music.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

and I was so deep in envisaging this event that I forgot to wish you a wonderful tour. I do, of course! Looks like you will get home a few times in between concerts?

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Just saw what you are playing on 10 Dec - how utterly blissful.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Jean, absolutely! Delightfully scarey to meet up. Will email you perhaps when I get back from my break - middle of next week? Or would you suggest something else? Ruth, renewed best wishes!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Phooey. And here I am stuck on the left coast of America.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Steve Merrow-Smith said...

Rock Hard! Ruth

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed: you are becoming a digital download, an MP3. We can all rip & burn you!

Seriously, well done. And I DO love the poster - is that how they sell the old music?

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is beautiful, rich and colourful as your life seems to be. I too am a cellist and avid lover of meditation, Bach, art, food and other such delights so was immediately attracted by the content of your writing. But more than that it seems to tell a tender and unique story, written so eloquently with each post transporting me into your world for the minutes in which I read.
Your talents are quite something, and as a P.S. your husband's paintings are glorious.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Why does everything interesting happen in Bordeaux when I can't go? I can't be in Mérignac tonight because I'm so busy getting ready to go to your part of France tomorrow. I hope it's enjoyable and sorry about the rain.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nowhere near me...pah.

I shall just have to buy the album.

Best of luck with your tour RuthXXX

11:51 PM  
Blogger ruth said...

Thanks Kate. oooh shucks I'm blushing...

what am I playing, jean? (I kid you not.)

sorry i missed you lesley. nice town by the way and excellent oysters and cepes opposite the cathedral in the cafe français...

zhoenw do you think cecilia will give me a share in royalties?

wow! the london gig may be a bit difficult as i have rather a lot of friends and family to see!!!! but also how exciting a prospect to meet you mary and jean too. I hope we can find a time, even if I'm only there as a catalyst for you all to meet and hear some wonderful music.

now i know where you live dale!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Yes, it occured to me that, as your family etc are in London, there will no doubt be a queue to see you after the Barbican concert - but maybe we could just say hello and give you a big hug of appreciation for you blog, as well as the wonderful music? :-)

1:01 PM  
Blogger ruth said...

you betcha, Jean, and you never know, no-one might come!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home