Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A visit to the doctor

manon

Today the gals went to the doctor. It appears that I have inter-costal neuralgia and our tabby cat has, like all the best French women, got ‘jambes lourdes’.

Manon has been tippling around on trois pattes over the festive season so I took her to the zero-syllabic vet. He said she had suffered a trauma at the pattes of another cat and recommended a course of anti -biotics, arnica, rosemary and quince seed cream for ‘Jambes Lourdes’ to be massaged ‘légèrement sans frotter’ in to her knee, and a comfrey remedy. Also twenty days of rest.

All I got was to strip off for the doc, and be told there was nothing I could do but wait.

Manon doesn’t even like having her knee massaged with posh cream.

rosemary

5 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Oh, Ruth, that sounds miserable. I'm so sorry that you must endure it. (Is it something acupuncture would help??) Does he think it may go away of its own accord, is that what you mean by "wait"? (She said, hopefully.)

(Moose)

9:25 PM  
Blogger granny p said...

Silly Manon. Can't imagine anything nicer than such treatment... As for you; as owner of two frozen shoulders told much the same as you were, to wait, it would go away eventually (in up to 3 years time...) I ache in sympathy. Hope your problem resolves much more quickly. Meantime. Happy New Year.

4:11 PM  
Blogger ruth said...

thanks for all your sympathy gals. i'm sure I will be fine. (I cured a frozen shoulder in 18 months with swimming and yoga by the way...see tomorrow's post on quaartsiluni. moose, I think acupuncture probably would help but I don't know anyone here)... Manon, meanwhile is very confused and in great pain, and I cannot explain the joys of massage to her...it's so upsetting.

4:55 PM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

Hope Manon is responding well to all your attentions. Love has a healing energy and I'm sure Manon is getting lots of that.

My poor little black Ducati got skunked last night. I'll be doing the tomato juice deskunking dance with him when I get home from work tonight.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Good luck with the neuralgia, and whatever you end up doing to get rid of it. And best wishes to poor Manon.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home