Tuesday, October 10, 2006

mushroom hunting in the ventoux

DSCN5953.JPG

DSCN5961.JPG

Yes, I know most of them are poisonous, but aren't they beautiful!

DSCN5965.JPG

Tomorrow I will take them to the pharmacy. Every pharmacist in France has to do a course in mushroom recognition ! However, I have to admit that, after much studying of Carluccio, we did eat the small wet ceppy ones with our chicken and they were delicious.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kate said...

Cor blimey, they look good! When I was in England over the summer, I found a huge puffball in the garden (I was originally going to return it to my neighbour, thinking it was their son's football from a distance) and we had it, between four of us, for breakfast and supper! The slices were just huge mushroom steaks. There's nothing quite so satisfying as finding your own. Beautiful pictures...

(And I never knew that about the pharmacists!)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

We heard that French pharmacists were supposed to be able to help in identifying mushrooms, but our experience was that they handed you a mushroom book and said 'I'm not eating at your house'. I wrote about it here.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

High! Interesting blog you have here. I like it!
You are wellcome at my drug search engine:
http://myviagra.sbn.bz/ - viagra
http://soma.sbn.bz/ - soma
http://mytramadol.sbn.bz/ - tramadol
Have a nice day!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home