Sunday, August 28, 2005

two little tales from bremen

1.

Lost in the rhodedendron park I asked directions back to my hotel:

"Wie komme ich in der August Bebel Allee?"

"Hmmmm" (the nose is wriggling)" August Bebel klingt sehr Sozial Demokrat" (the mouth is turned down in disgust) " Varscheinlich in diese richtung..." (the hand waves towards the gutter).

2.

I am going into town, contemplating buying Julian some clothes in 'Wormland Herren mode' but it is Sunday. The square upright citizen bus driveress clocks off and skips suddenly, illegally and surprisingly accross the iron bar which separates the track from the road. I think I saw her turn her head and giggle at the fun of it. I wonder if breaking this small law is her Sunday treat.

Meanwhile folks, please forgive the probable bloglessness of these coming days or weeks. No easy access, not much time and of course no beloved ibook.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't go away for too long, I miss you.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Likewise!

I love these two pictures. Heavens, though, your first sounds like someone from the 20's. I didn't know they had Germans like that any more.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home