Saturday, March 11, 2006

circles

mandala

I seem to have few words at the moment. However, these circles seem to express better than words can the sense of delicious wholeness life is offering us at the moment. Our neighbour made this mandala for his mother’s birthday from pictures taken around our magical hamlet; my oldest friend with whom I shared a room between the ages of eleven and seventeen is taking her sabbatical in a gite down the road; I am working on a book proposal and measurements for the hemp gallery floor were taken today by a team of dancing organic gnomes.

We spent this morning in bed dreaming up an escape from the sudden intensity. Julian imagines us on a beach somewhere with nothing to paint, nothing to wrap or post, no-one to answer - just circles to draw in the sand……

chevres and shadows.JPG

An hour spent looking at cheesy tower-block package holidays on the internet cured us of that (though I still think a weekend in Marrakesh would be great) and we have decided to try and stay present with it all.

2 chevres.JPG

6 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

(o)

11:28 PM  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Very, very, very best of luck with the book proposal. Yes, stay with it - I bet you've spent lots of other chunks of time wishing your life was like it is now! Make the most of it.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruth (and J too!) - as I sit here with my chest infection watching the blizzard outside and wondering how I will manage to take the dog for a walk; and how I will ever manage to pay off the overdraft (despite working far too many hours already) I think to myself: oh you lucky, lucky, lucky ****!!!

And then I reminded myself of two things: everything, absolutely everything has a downside ... and when I finally achieved my dream (to train in Scotland as a counsellor with the practitioner I most revered)someone said to me - so what are you going to do now you've achieved your dream? And - what will you dream of now? ;))I hope you can both continue to be with how it is and continue to enjoy ... and find new dreams...with love

Barbara

11:24 AM  
Blogger ruth said...

well barbara, there's always the swimming pool...

thank you for your comment. You reminded me of another wise person's words who, when i was complaining about the chaos in the house and the draughts, warned me that once they had finally finished their dream renovation (having lived in a shoe and eaten out of a bathtub) they really missed the dream.

I don't think I will ever stop dreaming, but thank you for the reminder.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee ...I'd forgotten about the swimming pool!! :))

12:44 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Here's to staying present... and a little cheesey!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home