Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pasta Primavera

P1040793

Five industrial size bags of couch grass later, and with well worked back and thigh muscles, I believe I have a fine tilth on the Potager du Peintre. At least on half of it. I have been working out friends and enemies amongst veg. Most seedlings are up, fed up with being shunted between our heated kitchen floor and the sunny terrace, and waiting to hit center stage in the ex-truffle orchard of Monsieur Chauvet. Meanwhile, thanks to those who started earlier than us (and probably in a greenhouse) we have had the ultimate pasta primavera: Broad beans, peas, bacon, asparagus tips, baby carrots, morels, parsley, tarragon, white summer truffle and a reduced chicken stock. Next time the recipe will be made from our own produce!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter (the other) said...

Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering in jealous craving, and joy of the bounties of spring.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home